Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Why Internet Discussions Drift to Religious Discussions

Have you ever been perusing the comments of an article and then wonder how in the world people started talking about Nazis  or Atheism or Christianity and how that relates to the article above?  I'll tell you.  Everything relates to your worldview.  It is the lens through which people discuss issues and ideas.  This is why what you believe about God, Government, Society, Culture, etc. matter in the general sense.  Those beliefs inform people's opinions about specific issues.

What we see on the Internet is the same clash of worldviews that has been going on for centuries.  Most of the commentary is ill-informed and harsh because those discussing the issues have been largely educated by the corrupt American public school system.  They don't know that when God was taken out of the schools, that He was indeed replaced by another god:  Man.  The religion is known as Secular Humanism.  One of its proponents was John Dewey (no, not the Dewey Decimal System guy, that's Melvil Dewey - I've been mistaken on that before myself).

They have their own tenets of faith.  They have their own writings.  They have their own god.  The belief, and this stems from the Renaissance, is that Man as Man is the ultimate standard, the ultimate measure of all things.  That this is a religious view is lost on most people.

Instead, they like to belief that rationality and logic are the highest ideals and that Man does not need an appeal to anything greater than himself to have a well-ordered society.  And how has that worked out?  Not so well if you can read the signs of declining culture.  Jaques Barzun's magnum opus, From Dawn to Decadence traces this decline in Western culture.  Francis Schaeffer's How Should We Then Live also traces the decline from a Christian philosophic perspective.  And there are many good books on this subject.

The problem is that most people you encounter on the Internet just don't have the mental capacity to effectively debate one another on these issues without devolving into name calling.  Eventually all threads lead to Godwin's Law.  How unfortunate.

As this is my own blog, I can say what I please without being shouted down as it were by the ignorant masses who usually can't comprehend the references being made.  So, I will say this:
  
The Christian worldview is far and away the best, most logical, most beneficial, most intellectually satisfying of all the known world religions.  This is because it is true.  

It is true because it is enlivened and imbued with the very life of our Creator God, Jehovah.  God says that He will remove our hearts of stone and give us hearts of flesh.  He says that He will make His home with us in our hearts.  That we will be His people and He shall be our God.

No claim of my being evil, or stupid, or ignorant, or biased changes the fact that God exists.  No shouting down of my opinion changes the FACT that Jesus the Christ came to live on this earth, die for our sins, then rise again to absolve ALL who believe in His name of their sins.

This fact cannot be shouted down in this post.  It can be ignored.  It can be ridiculed.  But it cannot be taken away! 

Now, I cannot help that the fact that Jesus stated that HE is the only way to God is incredibly offensive to some people.  I didn't say it.  I simply believe it.  I cannot save any of the people who call me evil, call me other names, etc.  Only God can save you.  I can only give you the warning as best I can.

One more thing I want to point out.  Invariably, it is the "tolerant" who show themselves to be the most intolerant.  It is the "easy love, anything goes" people who get the most angry and who show the most hate to those who disagree with their views.  It is the Liberal Left who are in fact the most authoritarian group in any society.  Their god is big government and they legislate by democratic fiat.

Remember that Benjamin Franklin said

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb getting together to decide what's for dinner."
So, to all my critics who click on my name, I hope they see this post.  I hope they see that they will be held accountable to God for their vitriol towards Christians.  Remember that God will not be mocked.  Please, please, please turn around and repent while you still have breath in your lungs.  Don't give up on God.  He really is chasing you.  Anyone who is sincerely seeking is welcome to send me an email for more information on how you can have a relationship with the living, risen Christ, Jesus.

For the rest, know that God will not always call, nor will you always hear his voice.  Seek God while He is near... Here is the rest of the verse from Isaiah 55:

Seek the Lord while He may be found,
Call upon Him while He is near.
Let the wicked forsake his way,
And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
Let him return to the Lord,
And He will have mercy on him;
And to our God,
For He will abundantly pardon.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
10 “For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,
And do not return there,
But water the earth,
And make it bring forth and bud,
That it may give seed to the sower
And bread to the eater,
11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to protect against spam. I will not moderate for any other reason. All views are welcome.